hdlist - unable to read header list

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Thu Aug 19 14:55:20 UTC 2004

Rebecca.R.Hepper at seagate.com wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I am doing a ftp kickstart install.  I receive the following error:
>"Unable to read header list.  This may be due to a missing file or bad
>media"
>
>On the alt-F3 screen the following is shown:
>"IOError ftp error occurred getting
>ftp://10.2.x.x/var/redhat.disks/redhat-9.0/RedHat/base/hdlist 550 var no
>such file or directory"
>
>My redhat-9.0 dir contains all the files off the RH 9 CDs plus some updated
>RPMs from the RedHat site.  When I updated the RPMs on my server,
>I ran gendlist to update the hdlist file:  ./genhdlist --withnumbers
>/var/redhat.disks/redhat-9.0
>When I ran genhdlist, I did not receive any errors.
>
>Any idea what is wrong?

It seems to be that running genhdlist didn't re-create the
hdlist/hdlist2 files, or it didn't re-create them in the right place.
When you run your hdlist command - check to make sure that the date on
those files is updated to the time you ran the command. The files should
be in your /var/redhat.disks/redhat-9.0/base/ directory.

hth

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!