Upgrade package list

Peter Fales psfales at lucent.com
Mon Aug 30 22:13:28 UTC 2004

Can anyone explain how the package list is calculated for an upgrad?

I'm testing a kickstart upgrade from RH9 to Fedora Core 2.   I've
listed packages I want installed in my ks.cfg file, but not all
of them get installed.   According to /root/upgrade.log, 637
packages were successfully upgraded, but then it goes on to say

The following packages were available in this version but NOT upgraded:
Canna-3.7p1-6.i386.rpm

and then goes on to list over 900 packages that were not installed.  Some,
such as "yum", were explicitly listed in my ks.cfg as desired.

--
Peter Fales			  Lucent Technologies, Room 1C-436
N9IYJ            		  2000 N Naperville Rd PO Box 3033