yum -y update at %postinstall

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at ixpres.net
Tue Aug 31 21:48:18 UTC 2004

Perhaps there's a connection issue going on while downloading? We do
something similar, except we copy over a yum.conf pointing to our local
mirrors first, and it usually works fine.

--- snip ---
wget http://mirrors.redwire.net/pub/yum-redwire.conf
cp -f yum-redwire.conf /etc/yum.conf

echo "* Updating our system..."
/usr/bin/yum -y update
--- snip ---

Perhaps try downloading and running a script as part of the %post process,
copying over a yum.conf with a high debug value, and piping it to a log
file and see what results you get...

HTH,
Japheth Cleaver