Kickstart hang at "Installing Bootloader"

Peter Fales psfales at lucent.com
Thu Aug 12 14:10:03 UTC 2004

We've been using the RedHat 9 kickstart for a while.  Now, I'm trying to
set up a kickstart of Fedora Core 2.   So far, I've tested it on two
machines.   On the first machine (VMware Virtual PC) it works fine.  On
the second machine (Dell Optiplex GX110), it mostly works, but it
consistently stalls at the "Installing Bootloader" screen.   There
are no obvious errors on any of the Alt-F screens, and if you hit
"Enter" while it is sitting on that screen, the kickstart continues (but
the bootloader is not installed).

Any ideas on where to look next?

--
Peter Fales			  Lucent Technologies, Room 1C-436
N9IYJ            		  2000 N Naperville Rd PO Box 3033