How-to create USB pen boot device

Carlos Villegas villegas at math.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 16 20:34:57 UTC 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 10:45:36AM -0500, Theo Miller wrote:
> Does anyone have a procedure to create a bootable USB pen device (lexar
> jumpdrive) with Enterprise Version3? I would prefer having this device to
> a bootable CD to do my kickstart installations.

I did this, but didn't write anything about it :) Just put the
kernel (vmlinuz) and initrd.img into a directory called
"syslinux" and run syslinux on the device (syslinux -s
/dev/sda..., I think). Put a syslinux.cfg file with the
information (as the isolinux.cfg on the install CD). You're set.

Carlos