How can I retry nfs mount if it fails?

Tetsuo Handa a5497108 at anet.ne.jp
Fri Aug 27 13:32:57 UTC 2004

  Hello,

  I have a problem with network install.
I'm installing via NFS, having options for
  ks=nfs:X.X.X.X:/ks.cfg ksdevice=eth0
in syslinux.cfg and
  nfs --server=X.X.X.X --dir=/iso
in ks.cfg .

The "switching hub" I'm using have the following problem.
 "When a client boots and gets IP address using DHCP,
  the network link temporarily downs for 3 or 4 seconds."
And because of this problem, the NFS mount often fails.
The error "The directory can't be mounted." (The message appears
in Japanese, so I don't know the corresponding one in English.),
but just pressing 'Enter' without any changes will succeed NFS mount.

Also I tried "ks=http://X.X.X.X/ks.cfg" but still often fails.

Another poor "switching hub" doesn't have this problem and NFS mount
always work, so I think it's not a server side problem.

So, I want anaconda retry NFS mount again after sleeping a few seconds
if the first trial fails.
And I want /sbin/loader ( this program retrieves ks.cfg, doesn't it ? )
retry retrieving ks.cfg again after sleeping a few seconds
if the first trial fails.

Are there any options to retry ?
Is it possible to customize /sbin/loader from source code ?

Regards.