KS won't partition drives: summary

Blair Lowe kickstart at zedemail.ca
Fri Aug 27 14:41:29 UTC 2004

OK,

I have reached the end of the rope.

I even tried fresh hardware, and ran into the same problems.

I have removed all scripts, and all "part" and "raid" commands, and then
one can use disk-druid to partition the drives manually. This is not
really acceptable for larger organisations, but it will work for us in
the meantime.

One thing I did not try is to put the nodes in the tmp directory as
disk-druid does. Perhaps there was a conflict there.

Also, installing mdadm in the %pre script might improve the raid
creation according to suggestions in the Software-Raid-HOWTO.

I am out of time on this project, so any other takers would be great!

Sorry to all that I could not get it working, and best of luck to anyone
else who endeavours to persevere.

TAFN,
Blair.