Issues w/ a boot cdrom and ks.cfg on floppy - RHEL3

Busch, Jeff jbusch at ebay.com
Sat Aug 28 02:33:30 UTC 2004

My apologies if this has been covered before, but my searches didn't turn up anything.

I'm trying to kickstart RHEL3 AS.  For various reasons, I'd like to use a boot cdrom with a machine-specific ks.cfg on a floppy drive.  When I do this, I'm getting an error:

  "Cannot find ks.cfg on boot floppy"

I've tried various incarnations:

  linux ks=floppy
  linux ks=floppy:/ks.cfg
  linux ks=hd:fd0:/ks.cfg

I know that the boot cd works, because I can make it work using "linux ks=nfs:<etc>".  The floppy I'm using is VFAT and "mdir a:ks.cfg" does show up correctly.  I would try using the boot.iso from Update 2, but it's complaining about a version mismatch with my original-cds-patched-to-update-2 tree.

Any ideas?

Also any ETA on Update 3?  I'd sure like to base my installs on that :)

Thanks,
Jeff