yum -y update at %postinstall

Peter Fales psfales at lucent.com
Tue Aug 31 20:46:09 UTC 2004

In preparation for trying to do this as part of a postinstall, I manually
ran this command:

	yum -y install `cat file_full_of_package_names`

After installing a number of packages, it aborted with

rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30978) from dbenv->close: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal
error, run database recovery

and it refused to install any more packages.  I had to run "rpm --rebuilddb"
to recover.  Perhaps something similar is happening in your case.

--
Peter Fales			  Lucent Technologies, Room 1C-436
N9IYJ            		  2000 N Naperville Rd PO Box 3033