build install errors (most likely from upd-instroot)

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri Dec 17 23:57:41 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Daniel Spratlen wrote:

>I am currently building custom RHEL ES 3.0 update3 install disks.  I'm
>getting the following errors, which appear to cause the iso's that I've
>generated to fail.  The disks boot fine, but anaconda bombs out after
>it's loaded the kernel modules.  I believe the following errors are
>causing my problems which appear to be coming from the upd-instroot
>script.

Looks like the same symptoms as running genhdlist without pkgorder. The
problem is that the postinstall scripts are trying to use files not
yet installed.

>I've spent a good bit of time googling on this.  Any ideas?

If you were trying to pre-patch the latest RPMs into the install tree,
I'd suggest consulting the list archives and asking Google about
genhdlist and pkgorder. But I'm not sure whether that's the goal here?

Cheers,
Phil