harddrive repository rather than isos

Robinson, Andrew W. Andrew.W.Robinson at mms.gov
Wed Dec 8 14:51:36 UTC 2004

> From: Philip Rowlands [mailto:phr at doc.ic.ac.uk]
>
> Please don't post HTML to mailing lists.

What html? I didn't put any html in my post intentionally. When I looked
back at the sent message, I didn't see any in there.

> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Robinson, Andrew W. wrote:
>
> >I had a repository of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 on an existing
> >partition on a server I'm attempting to build. When I pointed the
> >kickstart file to this repository, the installation failed with a
> >message saying it could not find the installation iso files. My
> >kickstart entry looked like this:
> >
> >install
> >
> >harddrive -partition=sda4 -dir=/RHEL
>
> Shouldn't that be:
> install
> harddrive --partition=sda4 --dir=/RHEL

Outlook changed the double dashes to single ones. They are doubled in the
Kickstart file.

The problem was not syntax. The problem was that Kickstart stopped at that
point and asked where the iso files were. I didn't want to use iso files. I
wanted to use a repository. (Because at that time, I had a repository, but
not iso files.)

> See /usr/share/doc/anaconda-*/kickstart-docs.txt

This looks like the same documentation as the System Administration Guide.
It says:

 --dir= Directory containing the RedHat directory of the installation tree.

This to me looks like it is referring to a repository rather than a
directory of iso files.

Any suggestions?

Andrew