Kickstart loading driver

Bill (William) Triest wtriest at chemistry.ohio-state.edu
Wed Dec 8 19:41:58 UTC 2004

First of all I think I've come across a bug.

If I do a kickstart install, then it says no hard drives were found and
would I like to load a driver.  It doesn't matter if I hit yes or no, it
goes on with its steps and it finally says no hard drive was found (ie I
never got a chance to load the driver).

With that said, I can do a manual install and load ata_piix and
eveyrthing works fine.  Is there a way I can load this driver in my
kickstart file (like the %pre section).  I tried adding /sbin/modprobe
ata_aiix but that didn't work.  Next shot would be insmod, but I have
other issues (with the type rate of the keyboard) so I thought I would
ask before I start trying different combinations.

I'm really hoping this is documentated some where, but the kickstart
documentation I've come across hasn't been helpful.  So I'll happily
RTFM is you can point me to the M.

Thanks,
Bill
Student Worker - Linux