%pre

Matt Schillinger mschillinger at wellinx.com
Mon Dec 13 16:12:32 UTC 2004

hello,

I am trying to implement a customized kickstart system, that pulls
variables for almost everything..

it should take the original http://IPOFSERVER/ks/ks.cfg and parse out
the IP (in %pre) to make the IP a KSSERVER variable.

anyway, my problem is this.. I am trying to make the KSSERVER and OS
directory (rh9,fc2, etc) dynamic for the

url --url http://IPOFSERVER/OS

The way i am trying to do this, is to dynamically create the data in
pre, and create a /tmp/url.cfg.  In the main body of the ks.cfg, a:

%include /tmp/url.cfg

exists.  Should this work?  When i statically have the 'url --url' line
in, it seems to at least move through the %pre.. However, when the url
is dynamic, it doesn't even process the %pre (even though %pre happens
before 'url --url' is proccessed (I imagine that kickstart does some
kind of sanity check on all kickstart syntax before doing %pre)

Does anyone have any idea on this?

If necessary, i can send my entire setup.

thanks,

Matt Schillinger
mschillinger (at) wellinx.com