disable kudzu from managing cdrom/floppy during kickstart

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at nandomedia.com
Mon Dec 13 21:18:14 UTC 2004

I've got a problem where /usr/sbin/updfstab is creating I/O bound
(uninterruptible wait state) processes on my IBM bladecenter.  Seems
that since the bladecenter shares the CDROM/floppy among all 14 separate
blades and those drives are only available to one blade at any given
moment, when the system comes online after its kickstart it defaults to
allowing kudzu to manage those devices (from /etc/fstab mount entries).
  As a result, updfstab gets confused and systems have load averages
like 100 and other such nonsense.

Is there any way I can disable kudzu from managing those devices from
within the ks.cfg, so when the systems come online this won't be a problem?

Thanks,

Tom