Kickstart Fedora 3

Greg Morgan drkludge at cox.net
Wed Dec 22 04:41:01 UTC 2004

http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/AnacondaDocumentationProject

> 1. Where is getfullcomps.py or what is the FC3 version of this file?

http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/PreparingTheBuildEnvironment
"RPM Packages

"Packages required for rebuilding Fedora Core CDs
(all available on original Fedora Core CDs)
You can find CVS information here
http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/anaconda-installer/
should you need recent updates.

> 2. I created an install CD but the installer complained about the CD
> name on boot...said a Fedora CD was not in the drive.  Where do I change
> that?  Or is that part of comps?

http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/PreparingTheBuildEnvironment

My guess is that you missed this command in Step 3.)
"3. Copy the Fedora Core tree stucture to the...
"cp /mnt/cdrom/.discinfo $BASE/fedora-original/i386

The dot file .discinfo has this information.

> Anyway...i maybe asking obvious questions but this is my first time for
> both kickstart and anaconda...so go easy on me.

I hope you encounter fewer problems with the information above.

Regards,
Greg