strategies for changing boot order

Alan Horn ahorn at geminimobile.com
Wed Dec 22 18:49:28 UTC 2004

Hi,

I know that some of this is going to be fairly hardware specific, but what
strategies do folks use for flipping boot order back to the primary
ide/scsi system disk after doing a pxeboot install ?

The way I do it right now is :

 o Initially enable pxeboot in the bios (if not set)
 o Reboot box, go back into bios, set boot order to NIC pxeboot before HDD
 o Unattended kickstart install
 o Catch install after final reboot and jump into bios to reset boot
   order.

Obviously I'd like to do away with the last step to make it truly
unattended after the setup phase.

Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Al