strategies for changing boot order

Alan Horn ahorn at geminimobile.com
Wed Dec 22 19:04:24 UTC 2004

Well yes.. but then the system will always attempt to pxeboot. So either
you're going to then disable the dhcp server for that nic, or physically
unplug it, or some other form of intervention ?

The motherboards I use also have two onboard NICs, so I can certainly test
out the same methods you're using.

Ideally, I'd like to flip the bios boot order _from_ the %post phase, but
I'm not sure how doable or portable any method like this would be.

I'd love more details though. Thanks for the response !

Cheers,

Al