removing whole group in the package selection?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Thu Feb 19 08:39:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 19:54, Tru Huynh wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 07:21:07PM +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> >
> > I suspect you're using "langsupport --default <somelanguage>" which, if
> > you read the docs on langsupport carefully, means that you get language
> > support for *all* languages but default is <somelanguage>.
>
> **congratulations** right on target, I had:

Let's just say "been there..." :)

> lang en_US
> #Language modules to install
> langsupport --default=en_US
>

> > If you just want one language, leave out the --default option, if you need
> > more than one then specify the ones you actually need.
> >
> I changed the lines to read:
>
> lang en_US
> langsupport en_US
>
> And 49 packages less installed :)
>
> The anaconda generated kickstart file still have:
>
> lang en_US.UTF-8
> langsupport --default en_US.UTF-8 en_US.UTF-8
>
> -> bugzilla time ;)

Well, it's not identical in form but in practise that does just the same
thing since there's only one language specified as "extra" which in this
case is the same as the default. Doesn't do any harm AFAIK (doesn't
install any additional languages), just a cosmetic issue.

	- Panu -