kickstarting & user intervention

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Thu Feb 26 12:49:36 UTC 2004

Stephen,

You could investigate kickstart-tools.  We use a perl-CGI to generate
the ks.cfg, bootdisks, PXE, etc depending on what the user chooses.

http://kickstart-tools.sf.net.  The kickstart-tools-web RPM includes the
perl-CGI you would install on an Apache web server.  It's heavily
customizable.

Your end users would visit this internal web site, generate the bootdisk
or PXE, then kickstart their machines.

/Brian/