Force a module to load at kickstart time

Jayaraman, Siva Siva.Jayaraman at Glenayre.com
Fri Feb 20 19:03:17 UTC 2004

Is there a correct pcitable entry for your NIC in initrd.img?

One way to do this is to generate a false module dependency.
If you are loading (for eg) a scsi driver, just add your NIC module to the
dependency
list in modules.dep

That worked for me with RH 7.2

Siva Jayaraman