kickstarting & user intervention

Taylor, ForrestX forrestx.taylor at intel.com
Thu Feb 26 00:46:26 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 16:25, Stephen Mah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking into a way to give users the option of providing additional
> input.
> For instance, our standard kickstart file defines the partitions
> structure...
> Some users want the flexibility of creating their own partition scheme,
> while still running our post installation scripts, customizations, etc...
>
> Is there a way to make Gui Disk partitioning program to run if the user
> chooses this option?

You could have a different kickstart file for each option, one that
includes the partitioning information, and one that allows them to
choose.  Of course, there is only one default, so one group would have
to type something at the boot screen.

It is also possible, but much more difficult, to rebuild anaconda with
an extra screen to allow user choices.

Forrest