kickstarting & user intervention

Tony Ladd ladd at che.ufl.edu
Thu Feb 26 02:29:11 UTC 2004

I converted a kickstart file to a kickstart generating script, basically
by adding "echo" at the beginning of each line and ">> ks.cfg" to the
end. It is then easy to incorporate customization into the script. I use
a few parameters on the input line to control basic partition
information such as swap space, hostname, IP, but it could also be
driven by user input to allow more variation in the kickstart file. One
advantage is the generation script can be largely debugged and tested
without reinstalling an OS.

Tony Ladd

Anthony JC Ladd
Professor: Chemical Engineering