How to skip question "what eth to use?"

bdoctor at ps-ax.com bdoctor at ps-ax.com
Fri Feb 27 07:16:57 UTC 2004

I don't believe you can do what you want to do in this manner.  However,
you can modify the file network.py on line 155 (or so) to read this:

            if dev != "lo" and dev == "eth0" and not self.netdevices.has_key(dev):

And that will accomplish what you want.  You will need to rebuild the stage2
installer image and replace the stock one with this change.  Not elegant or
anything, but highly effective.

-brad

> Hi,
> I have 2 network cards in the computer i want to install.
> When the installation comes up, it ask me which eth i want to use (eth0
> or eth1).
> In the network configuration i have added --device=eth0 to the network
> configuration.
> Now, i don't want it to ask me what network card to load, i just want it
> to use eth0.
>
> tnx
> kfir

Brad Doctor, CISSP