Display

kickstart-list at bias.org kickstart-list at bias.org
Sat Feb 28 04:37:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Jason Kohles wrote:

> > I think you need to pay extra to get a license for iLO that displays graphical mode stuff in your web browser.
> >
> This is true, you can work around it by specifying 'text' on your kernel
> boot line though, to force anaconda not to use X, and to do everything in
> text mode, that way you don't need to shell out for extra ilo stuff just
> to do the installs.

Can you be more specific about where I put 'text' in the file?  I tried
putting text on line by itself and even tried specifying vga=test but
neither work.  Text is definitely the preference.  I like to do most
activity through telnet to the console after mapping F12 and
ctrl-alt-delete to deference keys.

Thanks,
Liston