RE: Solaris as PXE server !!!

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Ajay Mulwani wrote:

> But what about the "pxe' daemon/service which is not
> available on Solaris.. any substitute?

If you have a properly functioning dhcp server you do NOT need a
pxe service/daemon. All you need is dhcp and tftp servers.

Even winbloze can do this properly.

> BTW, IP is provided by the DHCP server (Windows
> machine) which in my case is not the same as the
> PXE-kickstart server (currently a Linux machine).

Does not matter. Suggest you search google for how to actually do
this. It is easy and there are many docs describing it. If you
have a windoze dhcp server then all you need is a tftp server and the
proper entries in the config files for the servers.

Tom