Re: Solaris as PXE server !!!

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 05:04:52PM +0000, Philip Rowlands wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Jason Kohles wrote:
>
> >Red Hat can be used as a jumpstart server, as long as you find the right
> >version of Red Hat to work around a bug in the solaris installer kernel.
> >I wasn't able to get it working with 9, but it does work with AS2.1...
>
> I was able to get it working with 9, but had to insert a one-line change
> to the IP address setup section of Solaris' base scripts; the netmask
> wasn't being set properly, so I forced it to 255.255.255.0.
>
> Was that similar to your issue?

That was one issue we had to deal with, the bigger issue is that there is a
bug in most versions of the solaris installer kernel, if a fragmented
packet arrives with the fragments out of order, the solaris installer
will discard it.

--
Jason Kohles                         A witty saying proves nothing.
email jasonkohles com                   -- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)