Re: Kickstart config automation

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 02:37:29PM -0600, Nick White wrote:
> I was intrigued by the idea that was brought up recently about using a CGI
> script to determine options.  How would you run the CGI?  Would you just do
> an HTTP GET from the %pre section and put the output in /tmp, then %include
> it?  How would you pass parameters to the CGI (could you pass them in at the
> "boot" prompt)?

Here's what I do: I have a cgi that creates a ks.cfg file by
including info from a bunch of smaller files, the files that get
used depend on the class of system and so on. You only need to
kickstart using
ks=http://server/wherever/ks.cgi?class=super&other=parameters

At some point the %post entry also downloads some scripts and
runs them using a similar method.

Carlos