Re: kernel-smp rpm as a dependency?

Alain TAUCH wrote:

I think stephen made a rpm with both modules, using postinstall scripts to see wether kernel or kernel + kernel-smp were installed and install his modules accordingly (this is how I do it).

That is correct, except it was Intel that made the rpm, not me :-)

IMO, anaconda should be smart enough to do this. That is, if a package
specifies a dependency on kernel, and anaconda has decided to install
both kernel and kernel-smp, then it should install *both* of the kernel
rpms first.

--Steve.