more newbie questions

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Fri Jul 2 19:46:00 UTC 2004

jason.ctr.alburger at faa.gov wrote:

>I have placed some files in the toplevel directory of my kickstart cd.  I
>want to copy these files to the /home directory during the kickstart
>installation.  I've been attempting to do this in the %post section of the
>ks.cfg file, but cannot figure out the file path to the toplevel directory
>on the cd.
>
>ie, I have test.txt on the toplevel directory of the CD.  I want the
>post-install script to put this into /home.
>
>How can I do this?

this is what someone else on this list recommended to me a while back ...

%post

# make mounting cd easier
/usr/sbin/updfstab

# mount cdrom
mount /mnt/cdrom

#copy files across
cp /mnt/cdrom/test.txt /home

# unmount cdrom
umount /mnt/cdrom

Hope that helps

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!