Problem with NFS install

James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov
Mon Jul 12 14:50:58 UTC 2004

There is a ksdevice option you can add in your pxelinux.cfg.. that would
tell it to use eth2 as your kickstart device.  Are you assigning eth2
statically?  I'm also assuming that you are getting your pxelinux.cfg file
from tftp?  If you are doing it from a floppy you can use:

"""
--device=

    Used to select a specific Ethernet device for installation. Note that
using --device= will not be effective unless the kickstart file is a local
file (such as ks=floppy), since the installation program will configure
the network to find the kickstart file. For example:

network --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth2

""

James

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394