placing the ks.cfg on an RHEL cd-rom

Ryan Sweet rsweet at aoes.com
Sun Jul 4 10:55:12 UTC 2004

I'm trying to make an RHEL dvd/cd set that includes the updates and some
custom package replacements, and I want to include a set of kickstart
files on the disc as well, so that from isolinux one can choose one of a
variety of pre-defined kickstart installs.  Trouble is, I can't get the
kickstart file to be found by the initrd.  I've tried both ks=file:/ and
ks=cdrom:/ and put the file in 1) the root of the initrd.img, 2) the root
of the CDROM, and 3) in the isolinux dir.

Where should I put the kickstart file and what is the command-line if I
want to have it be found on the cdrom/dvd?

thanks,
-Ryan

--
Ryan Sweet             <ryan.sweet at aoes.com>
Advanced Operations and Engineering Services