Advance Server 3 AMD64 stuck on DHCP

Kfir Lavi kfir at aduva.com
Wed Jul 7 09:18:25 UTC 2004

Hi,
I'm doing PXE installation of AS3_AMD64.
The pxe kernel is loading and also the initrd from the pxe directory in
the cd. Now, When anaconda is up, it try to get ip from DHCP server.
Note that it did get ip from the server in the pxe stage, so it can talk
with the server, but now there is a strange thing, i see that the DHCP
server gets the request and reply to it, but the installation machine
don't get the reply.
I can't do manual stuff, because redhat didn't leave a shell in the
installation (correct me if i'm wrong).
If someone have insight for me, it'll be great.

kfir