tftp fails to proceed with KickStart installation!

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Wed Jun 2 20:31:25 UTC 2004

> > Okay, here's the situation.
> >
> > OS=RedHat 9.0
> > Hardware=Dell PE 750
> > NIC=Intel Giga bit card (integrated)
> >
> > PXE boot fails and the error I get in the /var/log/messages file is
> > "tftp: client does not accept options".

I have seen the above error message happen on all clients, even
those that install successfully.  So the tftp error may have no connection
to what is really wrong.

When you say PXE boot fails--at what stage does it fail.  Also what
type of nic is in the dell PE 750?  Are you saying that the PXE
just times out and you get nothing?

Steve