Issue with Aquiring DHCP

Joe Robertson jrobertson at convera.com
Wed Jun 9 22:01:43 UTC 2004

This sounds like it is the same issue I've been having
with GB ethernet (i.e. e1000 drivers) on kickstart.  In my
case I get past the DHCP only to fail when I tried to use
NFS to access the kickstart file.

I've finally resolved that particular issue by creating a
loop in anaconda to attempt multiple NFS mounts if the first
one fails.  However there are still other cases - like when
I reboot after an install - that I randomly fail to get a
DHCP lease.  I think all of this is caused by the GB nic taking
longer to initialize than 100 MB nics.

You should try connecting your GB nic to an unmanaged 100 MB
switch and see if that removes the problem.  I did that and
my kickstart would run just fine.

Joe