Issue with Aquiring DHCP

Andy Ciordia andy.ciordia at pgdc.com
Tue Jun 8 19:13:55 UTC 2004

Joe Robertson wrote:

> No, I've not received those messages.  It does seem that there
> are several similar problems that might all be related in some
> way to a timing issue.
>
> I'm not sure how it is determined that a device driver has been
> loaded and is ready for use.  It appears that in many cases
> some code makes an assumption that the driver is ready when
> it is not.  This becomes more of a problem when a component
> is of the GB persuasion...

Deffinitly deserves a bit of looking into.. Your patch sounds like a
good idea I just don't want to go back through and repackage all the
distros, yet again I don't know another way around it.  I've got another
4 machines to work Kickstarts through it'll be interesting to see which
of those cause (or lack there of) problems.

Since no one really had a good clue I'll report my findings on the rest
of the machines and what occurs as I get to it.

-a

--
Andy Ciordia, Network Engineer
Planned Giving Design Center (www.pgdc.com)