Issue with Aquiring DHCP

Andy Ciordia andy.ciordia at pgdc.com
Wed Jun 9 18:12:13 UTC 2004

Since you mentioned this adding weight I went and adjusted my ksdevice
from eth0 to eth1 and PXE still loads the kernel right but then I can't
get passed the dhcp allocation screen.  Its waiting for a link which is
not hot.  So I think the kernel and pxe understand that eth0 is eth0 it
just for some reason fires off too early, or needs to understand
failure/latency and retry some set number of times or have fallback
mechanism.

It needs to get a bit smarter, one point of failure cannot be an
acceptable option.

-a

--
Andy Ciordia, Network Engineer