Good way to figure out arch

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri Jun 18 14:48:29 UTC 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Brian Akins wrote:

>I have two arch's (i386 and x86_64) and each needs a different url.  I
>can't do any thing with the %pre, because this is after the url is
>used.  Anyone know a good way to determine the architecture and use it
>in url?

I assume you mean for the kickstart file? Which bootloader are you using
(isolinux, syslinux, pxelinux, LILO, GRUB, other)?

I don't believe you can influence the requested URL from within
anaconda, so you might have to set it dynamically from the bootloader.
Sounds like this would be easiest with PXE, although I don't know where
you'd switch between i386/x86_64 versions...

Cheers,
Phil