two kickstart problems i'm having

Crow69 aka thedude crow69dude at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 24 15:42:49 UTC 2004

Hi,

First question (how do I avoid probing for monitor?):
When I am doing a kickstart over NFS using Fedora Core 2 to a PC that does
not have a monitor hooked up, it doesn't kickstart and I notice (when I hook
up a monitor) that it is asking for my monitor type.  Is there something I
need to put in the kickstart file to tell it not to look for a monitor or to
use a default basic monitor?

Second question (what causes 3 minute delay during kickstart "Determining
host name and domain" section of the kickstart with Fedora Core 2?):
With Fedora Core 2, I have noticed a kickstarting delay at the point when
the PC being NFS kickstarted is at the "Determining host name and domain"
point in the kickstart.  I notice a delay of about 3 minutes or so at this
point.  Can someone help me determine what is causing this delay?  What on
the dhcpd config file could I do to speed up this delay?  (The kickstart
does work, but there seems to be some kind of 3 minute timeout at the
"Determining host name and domain" point in the kickstart.  I'd like to get
rid of that timeout.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jeff