Making a Kick Start CD (Enterprise Linux ES 3)

Jason Kohles email at jasonkohles.com
Wed Mar 3 18:36:15 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 11:28:24AM -0700, Mac McClellan wrote:
> purpose:
>
> cp -Rav /mnt/iso/* /root/isofilesys/
>
> I add the ks.cfg file to the root of this new 'filesystem'
>
> Here's the part that fails.  I try to create a new iso image from that
> new directory structure.  Here's the command I'm trying to use:
>
> mkisofs -o new.iso -b /root/isofilesys/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c
> /root/isofilesys/isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4
> -boot-info-table -R -J -v -T /root/isofilesys/

The argument to -b has to be relative to the root of the filesystem you
are creating, so use '-b isolinux/isolinux.bin' and it should work.  The
same thing applies to -c, you need '-c isolinux/boot.cat'.

--
Jason Kohles                         A witty saying proves nothing.
email at jasonkohles.com                   -- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)