Error with custom bootable install CD

Taylor, ForrestX forrestx.taylor at intel.com
Thu Mar 4 21:32:46 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 13:15, Simper, Brian D wrote:
> I have a custom built bootable CD but I am getting errors when I go to
> use it.  The traceback ends with these lines:
>
> File "/usr/lib/anaconda/hdrlist.py", line 900, in groupSetFromCompsFile
>   for pnevra in (grpset.groups["base"].packages.keys() +
> KeyError: base
>
> > /usr/lib/anaconda/hdrlist.py(900)groupSetFromCompsFile()
> -> for pnevra in (grpset.groups["base"].packages.keys() +

Try installing the comps-extras rpm file and run:
/usr/share/comps-extras/getfullcomps.py comps.xml /path/to/tree i386 >
/dev/null

That should print out warnings/errors.  Have you changed the comps.xml
file?  There may be a problem with your base group.

> Does anyone recognize this error?  What is "pnevra"?  I do not have it
> listed in any file within the kickstart file or the resulting ISO.
> Google absolutely does not have any references for it.

pnevra stands for package, name, epoch, version, release, arch.  It is
the unique information for each rpm package.

Forrest