Raid 1 kickstart config question

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Mar 19 04:02:00 UTC 2004

Hi all,
Has anyone been successful in getting kickstart to setup a raid 1
array via kickstart.

To get an idea what the config should look like I installed the machine
by hand and then copied the partition information from the anaconda
generated ks-cfg file. When I try to use that info to reinstall the
machine anaconda backtraces.

The kickstart config file looks like this:
part raid.1 --noformat --onpart hda1
part raid.10 --noformat --onpart hdc1
part raid.3 --noformat --onpart hda5
part raid.12 --noformat --onpart hdc5
raid /boot --fstype ext3 --level=RAID1 raid.1 raid.10
raid / --fstype ext3 --level=RAID1 raid.3 raid.12

Below is a copy of the of the back trace:
raceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 1081, in ?
    intf.run(id, dispatch, configFileData)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 677, in run
    self.icw.run (self.runres, configFileData)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1306, in run
    self.setup_window(runres)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1278, in setup_window
    self.setScreen ()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 950, in setScreen
    (step, args) = self.dispatch.currentStep()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 262, in currentStep
    self.gotoNext()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 157, in gotoNext
    self.moveStep()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 225, in moveStep
    rc = apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/autopart.py", line 1328, in doAutoPartition
    doPartitioning(diskset, partitions, doRefresh = 0)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/autopart.py", line 990, in doPartitioning
    (ret, msg) = processPartitioning(diskset, requests, newParts)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/autopart.py", line 961, in processPartitioning
    request.size = request.getActualSize(requests, diskset)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/partRequests.py", line 619, in getActualSize
    partsize = req.getActualSize(partitions, diskset)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getActualSize'

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong here?

FWIW, the partitions already exist, and if I setup the partition table by
hand from within anaconda the install proceeds normally.

Tom