kickstart documentation

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Tue Mar 23 01:00:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Cheryl L. Southard wrote:

>Is there a COMPLETE set of documentation for the contents of the
>kickstart file?  I've seen the HOWTOs and documentaiton on redhat.com
>which contains some of the options, but I've never found a complete
>list of options.

Complete kickstart file syntax can be found in the anaconda package,
filename kickstart-docs.txt. Also, the rhl-cg (configuration guide)
package contains some prettyprinted HTML docs, particularly
s1-kickstart2-file.html.

>In particular, I am attempting to re-install a computer off the ISOS located
>on it's local disk.  So I'm trying to use the harddrive option:
>
>harddrive --partition=sdb1 --dir /usr/local/admin/kickstart/isos
>
>Is the "partition" option correct, or should it be "/dev/sdb1"?
>And is the "dir" option correct, or should it be /admin/kickstart/isos because
>sdb1 is always mounted on /usr/local/?

The example in anaconda 9 is:
harddrive --partition=hdb2 --dir=/tmp/install-tree

Not sure where your assumption of /usr/local being a mandatory
mountpoint comes from??

Cheers,
Phil