offer multiple partitioning options

James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov
Mon Mar 1 15:37:16 UTC 2004

I'm going to making a single cd distribution of Red Hat with a reduced
number of packages.  The CD will have a kickstart file on it that will
configure all of the options except:

networking
partitioning

I want the ananconda to prompt the user for the networking information,
but I also want it to prompt the user for the partitioning layout;
however, instead of having the user partition the system by hand, I want
him to be able to select from a menu

a) partition scheme A
b) partition scheme B
c) partition scheme C

I know it is possible to do this by modifying the anaconda source, but I
would rater not do that.  I think there is a way to do this in %pre, and
have the ks file re-generate itself with the correct partitioning
statments based on the user's input.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394