Package Selection Question

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Wed Mar 3 13:21:03 UTC 2004

Neil,

Hacking the comps file is fine.  In our case, we have one comps or
comps.xml file which encompasses many different setups.

We have an Engineering Workstation, Engineering Server and DMZ Server
group defined.  If I kickstart the DMZ Server group, it pulls in Mozilla
even though I have --ignoredeps set AND Mozilla is nowhere in the DMZ
group.  elinks is inside the DMZ group and provides "webclient", but
Mozilla still gets pulled in.  This is very frustrating since we don't
want anything pulled in automagically.  We want to specify in the comps
group exactly what gets installed.

/Brian/