prompt for network info on CD based kickstart

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Fri Mar 5 20:54:00 UTC 2004

James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov wrote:

>I am unable to get a CD based kickstart to prompt for networking
>information.  I have tried both leaving the network statement out of the
>cfg, and putting it just a lone "network" statement.  Neither causes the
>installation to prompt me.   After reading the doucmentation, it states
>that the installer won't prompt you for it if it isn't a network install.
>Is there another way to do this?

I remember people discussing this a couple of months ago - there is some
special trick for rh7.x or something. Check the archives back to maybe
November-ish ...
http://www.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/

It's not a high traffic list so its not too bad for searching ...

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!