Using drvblock.img

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Mon Mar 8 14:28:39 UTC 2004

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Simper, Brian D wrote:

>I have been installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0 on HP ProLiant G3
>servers.  When loading with the CD I have to use a drvblock.img floppy
>disk image to load what I assume are disk drivers.  Is there a way to
>incorporate this disk image onto a custom kickstart boot install CD?

I'm curious why this would be necessary - the initrd used by isolinux is
the same as the pxeboot version:

$ md5sum isolinux/initrd.img images/pxeboot/initrd.img
cbbfcb2913f101f7f5d32d1b6c0410ab  isolinux/initrd.img
cbbfcb2913f101f7f5d32d1b6c0410ab  images/pxeboot/initrd.img

thus ought to have all the hardware drivers available without special
measures.

Are you booting from the CD or just using it for the RedHat/{base,RPMS}
resources?

Cheers,
Phil