Adding programs to %pre

Marc De Preter mdeprete at cisco.com
Tue Mar 9 07:31:27 UTC 2004

James,

At %pre time, you can start mounting directories. I have successfully
mounted NFS directories in the %pre section to access tools I needed to
partition NTFS disks.

Before that, I used to create my own initrd.img, where I put all the
tools I needed (statically linked).

Both options worked fine for me.

You can also put the tools you need in a separate .img file, and mount
it at the first step in %pre :)

Marc