NFS mount failed

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Thu Mar 11 14:49:39 UTC 2004

Hi Martin,

1. I've set up the DHCP server with the filename "/kickstart/ks.cfg"
option
2. Set up the NFS server to share /kickstart
3. Created the kickstart file and put in /kickstart and copied the CDs
there too.
4. Booted a machine from the 1st CD and enter "linux ks"

It successfully obtains an IP address and location for obtaining the
kickstart file.  I can't tell from the output if actually got the
kickstart file...I thought it did.  Then it tries to mount /kickstart
and fails.  This is way I'm not sure it was able to get the kickstart
file or just knows about it from the DHCP reply.

-----
Ryan Golhar
Computational Scientist
The Informatics Institute at
The University of Medicine & Dentistry of NJ

Phone: 973-972-5034
Fax: 973-972-7412
Email: golharam at umdnj.edu