RHEL3 NFS based kickstart dies with 'install exited abnormally -- received signal 11'

Taylor, ForrestX forrestx.taylor at intel.com
Fri Mar 19 20:42:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 12:20, Oktay Altunergil wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having a problem with kickstarting using NFS on Enterprise 3.0
> (update 1). I will try to describe the problem in detail.
>
> Our setup uses NFS for both the kickstart config file and the rpm
> packages. We have /usr/local/export exported with ro,no_root_squash.
> This directory contains the directories 'config' and 'redhat'. Our
> kickstart configuration is in config/ks.cfg. Inside the redhat directory
> we have everything in the binary CDs copied so it looks like
> /usr/local/export/redhat/RedHat.

You definitely do not need the no_root_squash, especially if you share
it ro.

This may be a red herring.  I would try two things:

1.  Put your kickstart on floppy and use ks=floppy at the boot prompt.

2.  Move the config directory into the redhat directory, so your
syslinux.cfg line will be something like this:
  append ks=nfs:10.2.2.1:/usr/local/export/redhat/config/ks.cfg...

Forrest