RHEL3U2 anaconda changes

Joe Robertson jrobertson at convera.com
Wed May 12 15:26:01 UTC 2004

Philip,

This sounds like good news.  Hopefully these changes will address the
problems I've been seeing with the e1000 NIC drivers.

However, the fixes are only listed for the Enterprise versions of
Redhat...  I'm using Fedora Core 2.

Hopefully these changes can find their way into the final release of
Core 2!!

If not - I'm trying to learn how to go through the process of building
new anaconda rpms from src (I've done that) then putting these new rpms
into an NFS installation tree - including new pxeboot images (I have not
done this yet).

Does anyone have a pointer as to how I can do this?  Some instructions
I've seen refer to installing anaconda - but I'm trying to put it into
the installation tree and tftpboot image directory so that new
installations make use of it during install.

Thanks,
Joe